- Nominated Films
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Feature Filmmaking
- Outstanding Achievement in Direction
- Outstanding Achievement in Editing
- Outstanding Achievement in Production
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography
- Outstanding Achievement in Graphic Design or Animation
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Score
- Outstanding Achievement in a Debut Feature Film
- Spotlight Award
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Filmmaking for Television
- Audience Choice
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Short Filmmaking
- Heterodox Award
- Distinctive Honors
- Audience Choice
- Register Your Film
The Honor for Directing celebrates the artist’s vision fully realized, from inception to screen. Previous winners in this category include Alex Gibney for Taxi to the Dark Side (2008), Ari Folman for Waltz with Bashir (2009), Agnès Varda for The Beaches of Agnès (2010), Laura Poitras for The Oath (2011), Steve James for The Interrupters (2012), Heidi Ewing and Rachel Grady for Detropia (2013) and Sarah Polley for Stories We Tell (2014).
Brandy Burre had a regular role in the TV series ‘The Wire’ before deciding to dedicate herself to her role as housewife with two small children in a suburb of New York City. Now she is in her late 30s...
Laura Poitras was at work on the final installment of her trilogy about the aftermath of 9/11 (after My Country, My Country and The Oath), focusing on American electronic surveillance and whistleblowers, when she received an encrypted email from a...
In 2013, we lost Roger Ebert—arguably the nation’s best-known and most influential movie critic. Based on his memoir of the same name, Life Itself recounts Ebert’s fascinating and flawed journey—from politicized school newspaperman, to Chicago Sun-Times movie critic, to Pulitzer...
For over 25 years, the brutal serial killer ‘The Grim Sleeper’ has terrorised southern Los Angeles. The first murder was committed in 1985, but it was only in 2008 that the alarm was raised publicly, and in 2010 the black...
“It does amaze me that giving people floor space is provocative,” muses Jay Reinke, the pastor of the Concordia Lutheran Church in Williston, North Dakota. He knows of what he speaks – for some months now, he has been offering...