- Nominated Films
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Feature Filmmaking
- Outstanding Achievement in Direction
- Outstanding Achievement in Editing
- Outstanding Achievement in Production
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography
- Outstanding Achievement in Graphic Design or Animation
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Score
- Outstanding Achievement in a Debut Feature Film
- Spotlight Award
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Filmmaking for Television
- Audience Choice
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Short Filmmaking
- Heterodox Award
- Distinctive Honors
- Audience Choice
Short films often represent nonfiction filmmaking at its most pure: a single subject or idea explored at just the right length. This award recognizes those films that find the balance of running time and artistry. The previous winners of this award were Vance Malone’s The Poodle Trainer (2011), Tim Hetherington’s Diary (2012), Robert-Jan Lacombe’s Good Bye Mandima (Kwa Heri Mandima) (2013) and Sergio Oksman’s A Story for the Modlins (2014).
This circular study of the Foley process portrays sound artists at work constructing complex layers of fabrication and imposition. (Dallas)...
Joanna is a young woman living in Poland with her husband and adolescent son. She has three months to live, having been diagnosed with an untreatable form of cancer. Now she must prepare her family for life without her as...
In 1983 writer and theologian John Hull went blind. He began keeping an audio diary to make sense of his loss. With exclusive access to these original audio recordings, “Notes on Blindness” is a cinematic documentary encompassing dreams, memory and...
Told almost entirely through voice mail messages, One Year Lease documents the travails of Brian, Thomas, and Casper as they endure a year-long sentence with Rita, the cat-loving landlady. (Tribeca)...
A courageous young Scottish actress takes the boldest step imaginable to confront her fears and find out whether she’s inherited a fatal, incurable disease. (Hampton’s)...