- Nominated Films
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Feature Filmmaking
- Outstanding Achievement in Direction
- Outstanding Achievement in Editing
- Outstanding Achievement in Production
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography
- Outstanding Achievement in Graphic Design or Animation
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Score
- Outstanding Achievement in a Debut Feature Film
- Spotlight Award
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Filmmaking for Television
- Audience Choice
- Outstanding Achievement in Nonfiction Short Filmmaking
- Heterodox Award
- Distinctive Honors
- Cinema Eye Decade
Short films often represent nonfiction filmmaking at its most pure: a single subject or idea explored at just the right length. This award recognizes those films that find the balance of running time and artistry. The previous winners of this award were Vance Malone’s The Poodle Trainer (2011), Tim Hetherington’s Diary (2012), Robert-Jan Lacombe’s Good Bye Mandima (Kwa Heri Mandima) (2013) and Sergio Oksman’s A Story for the Modlins (2014).
Deep underground the action force is preparing for the imminent case of emergency. Surveillance cameras are tracking the descent. The head is burning. Constriction puts pressure on the chest. In the vacuum of depth delusion is pulsating. (Rooftop Films)...
More fascinating than the horrorcore hip-hop group Insane Clown Posse are its fans, who have created a thriving subculture, the Juggalos, whose philosophy and lifestyle are mysterious to the uninitiated. Filmmaker Scott Cummings took an interest in the Juggalo community...
In 1973, Claude Lanzmann took on a project that would change his life forever: SHOAH, a film about the Holocaust told from the perspective of Jewish people. The film would end up taking 12 years to make and would push...
Six girls at an audition, all dressed in the same sequinned dresses. They reveal what their biggest dream is, where they come from, and when they last cried. These girls have come here from all corners of the country; some...
This poetic and poignant glimpse into life aboard a public bus in Silicon Valley takes place over one dramatic night. Line 22 is the only 24-hour bus route in Palo Alto. During the day, it is a regular city bus....